|Sr No||Faculty Name||Project title||R&D grant||status|
|1||Kailas Devadkar||Eyedoc||SPIT IEDC grant||in progress|
|5||Sheetal Chaudhari||Blindness simplified||SPIT IEDC grant||in progress|
|6||Jignesh Sisodia||Navigr||SPIT IEDC grant||in progress|
|Sr No||Faculty Name||Title of project||R&D grant||status|
|1||Dr. Radha Shankarmani||Turn Your Camera Into Spectacles||IEDC grant||project completed|
|2||Kailas Devadkar||Cloud Based Reminder System in Health Care||M.U. Grant||project completed|
|3||Rupali Sawant||Online Portal for Creating Sharing and Collaborating on Projects||CSI grant||project completed|
|4||Sheetal Chaudhari||Event schedule creator||IEDC, SPIT grant||project completed|
|Sr No||Faculty Name||Title of project||R&D grant||status|
|1||Dr. Radha Shankarmani||Ezze fitness||IEDC grant||project completed|
|2||Dr. Radha Shankarmani||Educational Games for Blind||M.U grant||project completed|
|Sr No||Faculty Name||Title of project||R&D grant||Status
|1||Dr. Radha Shankarmani||Intellisense||IEDC grant||project completed|
“Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction.”
A private cloud was setup to understand the benefits of virtualization. Private clouds take advantage of many of cloud’s efficiencies, while providing more control of resources and steering clear of multi-tenancy. The research works associated with this lab are:
- Configuring and optimizing UEC to take advantage of the hardware configuration
- Configure the user environment and perform maintenance on the cloud
- Create machine images (MI’s) including configuring storage and networking
- Troubleshoot and resolve common issues
Cloud computing lab objective:
- Enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction.
- Identify cloud computing models, characteristics, and technologies relevant to area of work
- Identify appropriate programming tools that allow for the flexibility, scalability and interoperability required for a cloud application
- Evaluate reusable application components for usage in cloud solutions.
- Evaluate feasibility of migrating existing enterprise applications into a cloud environment.
- Conduct academic research in all aspects of the Cloud Computing technology stack.
Projects that are done on cloud infrastructure
- Implemented a Virtual Cloud Lab as part of DST-IEDC project in 2010-11 which provides customized Virtual Computing Lab product to different colleges to meet their specific requirement and make the maintenance of college labs easier, and help towards reduction in their infrastructural cost.
- Implemented a Virtualization Security Toolbox as part of DST-IEDC project in 2010-11 which provides security to both private and public cloud to prevent the attacks as well as trap the attackers and also Minimize security vulnerabilities and improve confidence in the cloud by our suite of security tools providing Intrusion and anomaly detection for internal network
- “Performance monitoring and improvement for cloud based virtual computing lab”: Advanced computing on cloud computing infrastructures can only become viable alternative for the enterprise if these infrastructures can provide proper levels of non-functional properties (NPFs). A company that focuses on service-oriented architectures (SOA) needs to know what configuration would provide the proper levels for individual services if they are deployed in the cloud. In this paper we present an approach for performance evaluation of cloud computing configurations. While cloud computing providers assure certain service levels, this it typically done for the platform and not for a particular service instance. Our approach focuses on NFPs of individual services and thereby provides a more relevant and granular information. An experimental evaluation in Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) verified our approach.
- Enhanced Cloud Computing: A virtual computing lab based on eucalyptus has been implemented in our college. Our aim is to provide all the basic functionalities required for the cloud environment. However in the current situation, we have a single server which is the sole provider of virtual machines to the users. Despite being an extremely powerful machine it has the constraint of finite resources for launching VM instances.The main hindrance in eucalyptus is that it lacks in certain features such as VM reservation and portability of cloud server functionality.There is a need to provide an architecture that solves the problem of paucity of resources and resolve the issues related to portability.
- Cloud server for android smart phones: Cloud has a lot of resources and as proven successful in terms of distributing its processing power to multiple users. To bring this benefit to smart phones (Android), we would make a server for running android virtual machines and letting physical phones to access these, enabling them all the advantages of a desktop.
- Performance Analysis of cloud computing in cellular network : Investigating the key performance metrics associated with the deployment of VM in execution of cloudlets in cloud computing. We will analyze the impact of performance metrics on the execution of cloudlets. Variant performance metrics associated with the deployment of VM affect the cloudlet execution; for that reason it is mandatory to efficiently manage the deployment of VMs in cloud infrastructure and exploit optimal techniques for distributed processing to minimize the overhead associated with cloudlet execution.
- Performance analysis of cloud: It is critical to evaluate the performance in today’s cloud environments to understand the tradeoffs inherent in migrating to the cloud. Achieving both high utilization and high QoS simultaneously is a significant challenge since high utilization often implies more Qos failures such as long response time. So, we need to keep balance of all the performance parameters and analyze the performance results time to time. We describe a novel approximate application for evaluation of cloud server to obtain complete analysis of important performance indicators. This application provides easy to use software to clients which will be able to analyze the performance of the cloud server. Our strategy is to enable the user to analyses the performance using this application based on different performance parameters. User will be able to understand relationship between server, clusters, instances and performance parameters using the graphs generated.
- Load Balancing in Cloud Computing: Load Balancing is a method to distribute workload across one or more servers, network interfaces, hard drives, or other computing resources. Typical datacenter implementations rely on large, powerful (and expensive) computing hardware and network infrastructure, which are subject to the usual risks associated with any physical device, including hardware failure, power and/or network interruptions, and resource limitations in times of high demand. Load balancing in the cloud differs from classical thinking on load-balancing architecture and implementation by using commodity servers to perform the load balancing. This provides for new opportunities and economies-of-scale, as well as presenting its own unique set of challenges.
- Integration of mobile app with open source cloud services: Cloud computing is the next big thing in the current market scenario. Cloud computing is not only related to personal computers, it also affects and heavily impact the mobile technology. In Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC) both the data storage and the data processing happen outside of the mobile device i.e. when we combined concept of cloud computing in mobile environment. In MCC scenario all the computing power and data storage move into the Mobile cloud. MCC will not provide benefits only to the smart phone users but for will help a broader range of mobile subscriber. With MCC mobile phone user will get benefit in number of ways and help them to run their business application without large amount of capital investment in infrastructure and services.
- Data Deduplication on cloud
- Smartphone local ticketing application: Mobile cloud Application
- A Cloud-Based Virtualized Execution Environment for Android Applications
- Implementation of CUDACS CUDA Enabled Secure Virtualization for Cloud Security
- Cloud Based Reminder System for HealthCare