To provide excellent InformationTechnology education by building strong fundamental knowledge, technical skills and research environment.
- To offer high quality graduate program in Information Technology education and to prepare students for professional career or higher studies.
- The department promotes excellence in technical skills, research and industry interaction.
- Create awareness in environmental and contemporary issues to effectively execute professional, ethical and social responsibilities.
The Program Outcomes of UG in Information Technology are:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals appropriate to Information Technology.
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify and formulate the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component or program to meet desired needs with appropriate consideration for various domains like healthcare, security, system performance etc.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for computing practice.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society.
- Knowledge of environmental, contemporary issues for sustainability.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to function effectively as an individual and on teams both diverse and multidisciplinary to accomplish a common goal.
- An ability to communicate effectively with different levels of organization.
- An understanding of management principles and apply these to one’s own work and to manage projects.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in Life Long Learning in the context of continuing professional development.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Excel in professional career and higher education by acquiring knowledge in mathematical, computing and engineering principles.
- PEO2: Analyze current problems, design automated systems appropriate to its solutions that are technically sound, innovative and socially acceptable.
- PEO3: Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in life-long learning.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: To identify appropriate open source software for learning technologies to effectively implements the solution of complex problem.
- PSO2: An ability to develop positive attitude towards scientific research and obtain research skill.
- PSO3: An ability to learn from online resources to gain knowledge about latest trends and needs of the industry.